Want to Win a Free Registration Stipend for APhA 2018?
Hello you wonderful tl;dr pharmacy reader, you!
Our friend Tony Guerra is doing something super-awesome, so I'm writing a quick post to let you all know about it.
The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) annual conference is fast approaching (it starts on March 16th, and it's in Nashville this year).
You probably don't need me to tell you about the networking and educational benefits of conferences like this (plus they're just plain fun), so I won't belabor that point.
But despite the benefits of attending national conferences, how the hell are you supposed to afford that if you're a student? Money is tight. And if you've been following my advice and reading Seven Figure Pharmacist, you know that you need to be very judicious with your money.
Enter Tony Guerra.
If you don't already know, Tony Guerra is the host of the excellent Pharmacy Leaders Podcast (I very strongly urge you to subscribe to that).
He's also written a super handy book called Memorizing Pharmacology: A Relaxed Approach.
And in his free time, he goes around rescuing kittens that are stuck trees and defending villages from dragon attacks.
Tony Guerra is just a good dude.
And this year, he's helping pharmacy students get to APhA 2018.
So here's the deal.
Tony created a contest that will give away three (3) APhA registration stipends to three (3) lucky pharmacy students (sorry for our non-student readers, you are not eligible for this contest...but please pass this along to any students you know).
For those keeping track at home, that's a value of $278 for each stipend (that's right, Tony is putting up a total of $834 of his hard-earned cash to help YOU get to APhA).
There are 3 ways to enter the contest...
1. Head on over to iTunes and write an honest review of your favorite episode of the Pharmacy Leaders Podcast on iTunes. In your review, discuss how the guest's journey affected/influenced/mirrors your own. Tony is looking for honest reviews, so the number of stars you give the show does not affect your chances of winning.
If you're having trouble deciding your favorite episode, may I humbly suggest one of the few that I've been on? Most recently, I give networking advice for introverts:
2. Write an honest review of the audiobook Memorizing Pharmacology: A Relaxed Approach (it HAS to be the audiobook). You can actually get the book for free if you sign up for a trial membership of Audible. Your review should include how the study techniques in the book have helped you study the Top 200, improve medication safety, etc...).
3. Go to this Facebook post and write a few sentence response that covers what you've done to demonstrate leadership in pharmacy school. Whoever gets the most likes will win.
You can enter the contest all 3 ways if you want (so you can have 3 total submissions), but obviously, you can only win one stipend.
Winners will be announced on Valentine’s Day February 14th, 2018 and be offered the chance to “appear” on the Pharmacy Leaders Podcast. Watch for your screenname/avatar to be called on that date and contact Tony Guerra via Facebook messenger.
- Any year pharmacy student (P1, P2, P3, P4) can enter
- You can enter 1, 2, or 3 submissions (iTunes, Audible, and Facebook), but only win once
- You can still win if you’ve already paid for registration, Tony will work out the details with you
- The number of stars does not affect your chance to win, the quality of your review does
- You can’t be a past APPE student of Tony's (because bias)